EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Forbidden to save from Word

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 08/22/2012 07:02:21
by ttran Tran (Priority Standard support level)

Hello All,
Is that possible to implement smt like:
I open a Word document (file in mouted driver - the remote server), and if I press "Save", there is a forbidden from CBFS, and a messeage to the user from the program ?

Thanks
Tran
Posted: 08/22/2012 07:26:34
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, you can do the following: in your OnOpenFile callback handler you need to check if the file is opened for writing, and if it is, call GetOiriginatorProcessName function to find, what process opens the disk. If it's Word, then you can return the error code (this is done by throwing ECBFSError exception with the corresponding error code) which will be passed back to Word, and Word will show an error message. You can show the error message yourself, but you need to return an error code, so by showing a message yourself you will end up seeing two error messages.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/22/2012 13:53:15

Thanks. I will test this.

Regards
Tran
Posted: 08/24/2012 04:53:23

Hello,
I go back to this topic with a vice-versa question:
I try to save a word file from Ms Word and in this editor, after press ctrl-s I get the error:
überprüfen Sie, ob das Diskettenlaufwerk die richtige Diskette enthält und ob es verriegelt ist.

In English it means: check whether the floppy disk drive contains the correct disk and whether it is locked.

The question is where (possibly) I did wrong ? In what event handling ?
I save the file in the mounted driver - remote server.

Thanks
Tran
Posted: 08/24/2012 12:25:27

1) do you use the latest version of CBFS? If not, please upgrade before further checks.
2) does the error expose itself with Mapper sample? If no and you have the latest build of CBFS, then we need some sample project (or modified Mapper that exposes the issue) to test with.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/29/2012 03:41:18

thanks. I would like to go back to this topic in one or two week. I need to evaluate the implementation again.
Posted: 10/22/2012 04:10:16
by Ian Pender (Basic support level)

Hi,
I also cannot save from Word using the latest code (cbfs4 Beta, as recommended) and the Mapper sample. An error is generated in Word - "Microsoft Word
Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error.".

Other apps (such as notepad) save fine.

Any help would be gratefully received -> currently cbfs seems fragile in terms of the range of apps that will need testing against it (we need to support ALL apps). Hopefully I'm just missing something...
Posted: 10/22/2012 04:13:12

Please don't crosspost your questions to the forum and helpdesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1814 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!