EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Sharing CBFS drive

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 07/20/2012 06:15:20
by Daniel Iwan (Basic support level)

I've built Mounter example using VS2010 and created a volume from a local folder (Win7 64-bit).
Then I created a network share for that drive. I can access the share from another machine (WinXP) but I have to manually refresh the folder to see the files that were copied on Win7 into that folder. When I refresh on WinXP file appears but I don't see the file growing or changing it's modification date as I can see in case of standard SMB shares.
On the other hand if I drop something from WinXP I can see file appearing in shared folder on Win7, and it changes it's size and Modification Date when the file is finished.
Are those expected behaviour or is it a limitation of Mounter example?
If it's the case of limitations in Mounter, can I get hold of some fully-featured sample that would not have issues mentioned?

Posted: 07/20/2012 06:32:54
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

What is "Mounter" example?
As I understand you,
a) you are referring to Mapper example
b) you copy files to the folder being mapped into the drive
c) you expect those files to be visible by applications (including remote computer but not necessarily) that "watch" the virtual drive

This happens because Mapper doesn't monitor the folder being mapped (monitoring has been omitted for simplicity of the sample) and doesn't notify the OS about changes in virtual drive contents.

Please search for "NotifyDirectoryChanges" in this forum for information about how to notify the system about changes.

"Some fully featured sample" can be ordered as a custom service (for a fee).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 676 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!