EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Stop Moving operation

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 06/11/2012 10:27:26
by szagriichuk  (Basic support level)

Hi, I am moving one folder to other, and jugging business logic I want to stop moving for some folders. I've tried to throw ECBFSError with ACCESS_DENIED code (5), but it is not working.
Thanks.
Posted: 06/12/2012 00:16:21
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

The moving operation can be done in a different way. It depends on a program's algorithm how it performs moving. Perhaps based on this information throwing some error codes from the OnOpen and OnRename callbacks will help.
Posted: 06/12/2012 04:50:48
by szagriichuk  (Basic support level)

So, The sequence of operations next,
- I am moving folder to folder,
- Windows Moving dialog is appear
- I am receiving onRenameOrMove event,
- Check some conditions, and throw in this method ECBFSError with ACCESS_DENIED code,
- Explorer does not answer and moving dialog is present, and after a few seconds I can receive onRenameOrMove event again, BUT

just re - check, after 20 seconds, warning dialog is appeared and moving process is stopped, But why I am receiving a few time onRenameOrMove I do not understand.
Posted: 06/13/2012 03:20:44
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Take Process Monitor from sysinternals.com and look the logs. Perhaps Explorer doesn't check an error code returned during the moving.

Statistics

Topic viewed 699 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!