EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

problem with reading files

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 05/25/2012 09:23:09
by Daniel Tietze (Basic support level)

I buildt a virtual structure using the vdisk sample. I added in the Private Sub CbFsOpenFile(ByVal sender As CallbackFileSystem, _ ... following code:

Dim thisVirtualFile As New VirtualFile(myChilds.FolderList(i).Name)
                                    thisVirtualFile.Attributes = FileAttributes.Directory

Dim thisVirtualFile As New VirtualFile(myChilds.DocList(i).Title + "." + myChilds.DocList(i).Extension)
                                        thisVirtualFile.Attributes = FileAttributes.Normal

Navigation through the structure works as expected.

But I don´t get a file opened. I added the binarydata as seen below to the vfile.

If vfile.Attributes = FileAttributes.Normal Then
If FilePath <> "" Then

Dim gch As GCHandle = GCHandle.Alloc(vfile)

FileHandleContext = GCHandle.ToIntPtr(gch)

Dim Buffer() As Byte = My.Computer.FileSystem.ReadAllBytes(FilePath)
                            Dim Position As Long = 0
                            Dim BytesToRead As Integer = Buffer.Length - 1
                            Dim BytesRead As Integer
                            vfile.Write(Buffer, Position, BytesToRead, BytesRead)

End If

End If

If I doubleclick in explorer , no matter what fileformat (txt, doc, xls), only an emty file is opened.

Private Sub CbFsFsRead( _ ... never raised. Is this the reason, and if, why it don´t raise?

[ Download ]
Posted: 05/25/2012 10:11:07
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Use the CallbackFS samples as a base for your code. Also you can use Process Monitor from sysinternals.com to see what happens in the system after your CallbackFS have callbacks finished. Often it helps to find out what's wrong in your implementation. In order to minimize Process Monitor logs set there a filter to show operations only for your virtual disk (the filter is: "Path"->"Begins with"->"X:", where "X:" is your drive letter).
Posted: 05/25/2012 10:30:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Also re-check your implementation of OnEnumerateDirectory and OnGetFileInfo callbacks. It's possible that the OS requests file size and other information and you don't provide them right. Eg. OnEnumerateDirectory can be called not with file mask but also with full file name (thus working in the same way as OnGetFileInfo).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/01/2012 15:40:50
by Aether Works (Standard support level)

I have the same problem.

I will try to reproduce it with the CBFS sample later, but it seems like the same problem as described above:

onEnumerateDirectory is called and my code specifies a non-zero length, but onReadFile is never called. onGetFileInfo is not called for the file.

I have one file which works correctly (and onReadFile is called), and another with almost no difference but for the name that doesn't work (because onReadFile is not called).
Posted: 06/04/2012 04:11:51
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Try to reproduce it with the Mapper sample and report the problem to HelpDesk.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 915 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!