EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Unable to Rename File

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 05/21/2012 15:22:38
by Mel Reyes (Standard support level)

I have a pretty well functioning file system at this point, but one last error I can't seem to resolve.

Using the .NET interface, I can use Windows Explorer to create / rename folders just fine. But for some reason when I create a new file (text document, bitmap, does not seem to matter what file type) I am unable to rename it.

My callback for RenameOrMove does not seem to get invoked by the driver for unknown reason.

By tracing with ProcMon I was able to determine that this call is apparently failing:

8:37:48.4253512 AM explorer.exe 10816 SetRenameInformationFile \\MyMountPoint\New Text Document.txt UNSUCCESSFUL ReplaceIfExists: False, FileName: \\MyMountPoint\jjj.txt

The trouble is, that even running in the debugger, I don't see it entering the Callback function. All preceding and following operations are going through fine. And everything works fine for folders, I can see the breakpoint in my callback function is being hit.

The VSMapper sample doesn't seem to have any problems so I assume there must be some mistake in my code. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated.
Posted: 05/22/2012 02:39:07
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Please create a ticket in HelpDesk and attach there the ProcMon log (in the native format).
Posted: 05/22/2012 11:14:19
by Mel Reyes (Standard support level)

This was determined to be caused by an unhandled exception occurring in GetFileInfo callback.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1108 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!