EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

eldos.cbfs.ECBFSError The system cannot find the file specified.

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 04/29/2012 14:38:53
by szagriichuk  (Basic support level)

Hi Again, I've decided to stop OSGI way of development, because there are a lot of problems and develop simpe console application to mount virtual disk into system (like you provide), and tried to run it, so, in my dev machine (I've installed your drivers four or more time) all are OK, but on other (I tested on Windows Server/7) I've received error (look to topic title). After this I've investigated your knowledge base and decided to check is driver installed or not ? So, copied your method from VDisk sample for checking driver, and tried to run it, all PC station (include my) say "Driver is not installed", after this I've tried to run your sample (VDisk) situation the same!
So, Could you help me to resolve this problem and one more question, Can be situation like this "I intalled a lot of times your driver into system and my application is working just there are some old ;libraries and\or registry entries and so on " ?

Thanks and will wait answer.
Posted: 04/30/2012 01:11:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

szagriichuk wrote:
After this I've investigated your knowledge base and decided to check is driver installed or not ? So, copied your method from VDisk sample for checking driver, and tried to run it, all PC station (include my) say "Driver is not installed", after this I've tried to run your sample (VDisk) situation the same!

Most likely installation of the driver fails for some reason. First of all please try to use some other API and run its sample project to see if that API installs drivers correctly.

There are two cases possible why installation fails in Java:
1) Incorrect declaration of JNI interface. We will re-check this: at the moment I don't like what I see but I have only sparse understanding of JNI so I can be wrong interpreting what's written
2) No rights to install the driver. The application must have specific privileges to install kernel-mode drivers, and most likely Java code doesn't have it by default.

Unfortunately there's no way to check the error code set by Install() method in Java. In other APIs this is done with the call to GetLastError() WinAPI function. If Java provides a way to call that function, use it to get to know additional details about driver installation failure.

szagriichuk wrote:
So, Could you help me to resolve this problem and one more question, Can be situation like this "I intalled a lot of times your driver into system and my application is working just there are some old ;libraries and\or registry entries and so on " ?

Installations of CBFS by single application will override older registry records and older driver and user-mode DLL files. Installations made by multiple applications will create some application-specific records and some common records in registry. Driver and DLL files will still be overriden (for one major version of CBFS). There's a reference counter for those files made to ensure that deinstallation of one application doesn't break another one by uninstalling driver files.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/30/2012 03:31:58

Declaration of Install() function is correct (and my knowledge of JNI is indeed incomplete), so there must be some problem with permissions. Please try installing the driver using other API and see if that works.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/30/2012 10:03:17

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
Declaration of Install() function is correct (and my knowledge of JNI is indeed incomplete), so there must be some problem with permissions. Please try installing the driver using other API and see if that works.
Eugene Mayevski,

Thank you for full answer, have your driver be installed during installation process of cbfs ?
Posted: 04/30/2012 10:28:27

If you mean the development package (the one you download from our site and install), then no, drivers are not installed by that installer.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/30/2012 13:59:12

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
If you mean the development package (the one you download from our site and install), then no, drivers are not installed by that installer.

Are there possibility to have some trial version of the product package ?, Our company (http://www.datacradle.com/) potential your customer, but I need provide first ver sion (just to the internal customer preview) some product with Virtual File Systems and list advantages to the other system (currently found just opensource) of your product to the management department, and convince them to buy CbFS.
Thanks
Posted: 05/01/2012 01:40:00

I am somehow confused by what you are asking about. What you download from the web site can be used for both evaluation and production. For evaluation you request and use the time-limited license key. For production use you purchase a license and receive a permanent license key and also access to source code of user-mode APIs. Drivers are the same in both cases.

And as you are running the evaluation version now, I don't catch what evaluation version you are asking about.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/01/2012 07:52:52

OK, Sorry for this sittuatuion but, after your answer

I though that there are a few packages of your product, OK, BTW, I've check .NET sample and all are working and decided to make workflow in Java like in .NET application, after start application I am checking driver is ntalled or not, if not try to install it and after it, call create storage and mount point. Received error
Code
l] - Message : The parameter is incorrect.
, Error Code : 0
eldos.cbfs.ECBFSError: The parameter is incorrect.

Judging to this list of errors http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681382(v=vs.85).aspx

error is
Code
ERROR_SUCCESS The operation completed successfully.
Posted: 05/01/2012 13:37:39

szagriichuk wrote:
OK, Sorry for this sittuatuion but, after your answer

I though that there are a few packages of your product, OK, BTW, I've check .NET sample and all are working and decided to make workflow in Java like in .NET application, after start application I am checking driver is ntalled or not, if not try to install it and after it, call create storage and mount point. Received error
Code
l] - Message : The parameter is incorrect.
, Error Code : 0

Judging to this list of errors http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681382(v=vs.85).aspx

error is
Code
ERROR_SUCCESS The operation completed successfully.

After investigation this problem, I've found (just for Java API) solution:
if you did not set up
Code
TotalNumberOfSectors
in event
Code
onGetVolumeSize
you will reveive
Code
with
Code
error code 0

Thanks.
Posted: 05/04/2012 06:21:41
by  shevchenko
Hi,

Unfortunatelly, issue with driver installation was not replicable (even after "clean" system installation)... So, if you have an example, which will bring up this issue - please give it for us.

About TotalNumberOfSectors issue - that was a "normal" system reaction about passing not initialized argument into DeviceIoControl function. So, before mounting storage any user must initialize TotalNumberOfSectors property in onGetVolumeSize event.

Best regards,
Shevchenko Taras.
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3246 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!