EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Right Click on a virtual file

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 04/19/2012 13:33:15
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

In Windows Explorer when you right click on a file it brings up a context menu which you can then use to do various things with the file. One of the choices on the context menu is "Properties", and when you click that choice you get a tabbed dialog box that allows you to see and possibly modify various properties of the file, things like security and sharing, etc.

Well, in my system, files are really not files, they are "virtual files" that are really tables in a database. I was wondering if CbFs has some sort of callback or other mechanism that allows me to intercept the right click menu and do my own processing for the "Properties" menu choice, allowing my users to actually change some of the actual properties of the virtual file in the database.
Posted: 04/19/2012 13:53:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Interaction with Explorer is outside of scope of CBFS functionality.

What you need to do is create a shell extension DLL. Search for IPropertySheet on Google and follow various links to get more information.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/19/2012 13:55:32
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Wrong interface name ... In any case this article will help you.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1017 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!