EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 02/21/2012 08:38:34
by Stanisław Jankowski (Priority Standard support level)

I have aquestion about the way the OnGetFileInfo callback works.

I was comparing the SftpDisk sample from CallbackFS with my prototype of file system which works in similiar way (also using SecureBlackbox SFTP library).

I compared the log output from both software when it was listing some directories. I recognized that when explorator windows wants to get the info about \Legacy\f1\f2\f3 path in my software it calls OnGetFileInfo 4 times for the following paths:

OnGetFileInfo call: \Legacy
OnGetFileInfo call: \Legacy\f1
OnGetFileInfo call: \Legacy\f1\f2
OnGetFileInfo call: \Legacy\f1\f2\f3

When in SftpDisk it only calls:

OnGetFileInfo call: \Legacy\f1\f2\f3

Except the differences described above the rest of callbacks are called in both applications in the identical order

I checked the way i mount the file system. In both cases the values of the properties:
SerializeCallbacks, StorageCharacteristic, SectorSize, ThreadPoolSize, StorageType
are identical. I also copy-pasted the OnGetFileInfo and OnEnumerateDirectory methods from SftpDisk to my application and it gives no result.

Do you know what can make the difference? I try to implement network file system so it will be better for the performance point of view if i can eliminate these "redundant" OnGetFileInfo callbacks.

I am using .NET edition of CallbackFS in Visual Studio 2010 and .NET framework 4.0 on Windows 7 64bit.

best regards,
Posted: 02/21/2012 09:44:58
by Stanisław Jankowski (Priority Standard support level)

It was my fault. I set

in my code and it was the reason.

Topic viewed 631 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!