EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CbFsGetFileSecurity in callback seem to differ from actual parameters

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 11/04/2011 08:42:28
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

CallbackFS doesn't do any additional actions when it handles the security requests. I.e. when the CallbackFS driver obtains IRP_MJ_QUERY_SECURITY and IRP_MJ_SET_SECURITY it only passes them whithout any modifications to the OnGetFileSecurity and OnSetFileSecurity callbacks.
I don't know why Process Monitor doesn't show some of the security requests in your case, but perhaps some system or third-party code doesn't send these security requests to the top of the file system driver stack but sends them directly to the CallbackFS driver. The other reason is that the originator of these requests is some file system filter driver which is placed between the Process Monitor file system filter and the CallbackFS driver, and sends the requests not to the top of the FS stack but to drivers which are located below.

SecurityInformation == 31 means "everything". I.e.
OWNER_SECURITY_INFORMATION | GROUP_SECURITY_INFORMATION | DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION | SACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION | LABEL_SECURITY_INFORMATION
Posted: 11/04/2011 09:17:34
by tom slient (Basic support level)

Thank you very much.I will continue test.how much the lowest price? I plan to buy a license.
Posted: 11/04/2011 10:20:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please use Private Business License application form to request an individual offer.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 2869 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!