EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Rename failure in Win XP and Refresh fail in Vista

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 09/22/2011 15:32:05
by ray han (Basic support level)

Hi,
I have implemented a callback filesystem that shows a network server as a filesystem.

Here is my Storage type etc. The order of my calls are:

CallbackFileSystem cv_CbFs
// Set storage
cv_CbFs.SetStorageType(CallbackFileSystem::stDisk); cv_CbFs.CreateStorage();

// Add mount point
LUID Luid = {1, 1};
std::wstring mountPoint = "RemoteDisk;myserver;H:;";
cv_CbFs.AddMountingPoint(mountPoint.c_str(),CBFS_SYMLINK_NETWORK|CBFS_SYMLINK_NETWORK_ALLOW_MAP_AS_DRIVE, &Luid);

// Mount Media
cv_CbFs.MountMedia(30000);

I have installed all callback for all required callbacks

With this, the drive works fine in Win 7. All actions including rename or move works fine.

But I see some strange behavior in Windows XP
When I try to rename a file, I dont see the OnRenameOrMoveFile callback fired and the windows seems to enumerate for the file that was renamed over and over again.

In the case of Win Vista, the rename works fine, but the window doesnt refresh to show the renamed value. If I manually refresh using F5, the renamed file shows up.

Is there any known set of issues in Win XP/Vista or am I missing some kind of setup?

I am using 3.2.98 version of CBFS.

Thanks and Regards
Ray
Posted: 09/22/2011 16:01:47
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This looks like some specifics of your code - something is not handled the way the system expects. It would be great if you could create a test case (or narrow down your project to the test case) and pass it to us so that we could see what's going on. You can submit the code via HelpDesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/22/2011 16:19:54

Thank you Eugene. I will prepare a beta build with instructions to try it out and will submit it via HelpDesk.
Posted: 09/22/2011 18:54:08

Hi,
I have opened a forum ticket: 19608 with info on the steps to recreate.

Thanks
Ray

Statistics

Topic viewed 1152 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!