EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Summary tab of text files disappears after edit

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 07/27/2011 00:46:01
by david zhou (Basic support level)

I am eveluating version 3.1.89.

I installed and configured the mapper sample on my Windows XP, then:
1. Map a folder on my desktop (say Test) to Z: drive.
2. Create a txt document (say david.txt) by right click inside the folder from either the mapped drive or the actual folder. Then,

scenario#1:
1. In Test folder, open the properties page of david.txt and go to Summary tab.
2. Enter anything in any field, click OK to save.
3. Go to Z: drive, open the properties page of david.txt, the Summary tab is not displayed.

scenario#2:
1. In Z: drive, open the properties page of david.txt and go to Summary tab.
2. Enter anything in any field.
3.a. If click Apply button and then click OK button, a message box titled Sumamry Properties will pop up, but nothing in the message body.
3.b. If click OK button directly, no message box pops up.
4. Open the properties page again, the Summary tab is not displayed.
5. Go to Test folder, open the properties page and you will find the summary information there.

I guess this issue occurs to any files wtih Summary tab. What can we do in the delegates to fix this issue?
Posted: 07/27/2011 01:16:18
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Most likely you need to implement alternate stream handling. See OnEnumerateAlternateStreams event. Alternate stream operations are performed via regular OnFileOpen/OnFileCreate/... so you need to distringuish the stream name and the file name in OnFileOpen/OnFileCreate. They are separated with colon (":").

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/27/2011 02:31:12
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Also if you change a file or directory outside CallbackFS (i.e. in your case when you change a file directly in the mapped folder, not via the Z: drive) then use the NotifyDirectoryChange method to notify CallbackFS about the changes.
Posted: 07/27/2011 03:56:23
by david zhou (Basic support level)

Got it, thanks for your quick replies~

Statistics

Topic viewed 757 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!