EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Default to specific folder

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 06/28/2011 11:25:36
by Brent Y (Basic support level)

Is there any way to default to a certain path when a user browses to the virtual drive?

For example, a user has a folder Z:\User\JSmith. Is there any way that when they are saving a file and select the Z: drive that it automatically starts out at their folder instead of the root?

I'm new to this and have tried to do some trickery in the CbFsEnumerateDirectory code, but haven't come up with anything that works. If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate some input.

Thanks,
Brent
Posted: 06/28/2011 12:08:07
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Choosing the default user folder is up to the application (in most cases to Explorer's Shell dialogs or the application that invokes them). It has nothing to do with the file system itself. With certain trickery (via windows hooks) you could implement a user-mode solution for shell dialogs to make them change the folder automatically, but this would be complicated and probably not worth the effort.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/28/2011 12:17:05
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

It's possible to create different virtual drives and assign the same local mounting point (for example "X:") for each of them. So different users will see the same drive letter but the contents of it will be different. Perhaps it would be suitable for you.
Posted: 06/28/2011 12:49:12
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Vladimir, as I understand it, the question is about "startup" folder rather than of root folder.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 999 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!