EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Running CBFS VDisk sample from MS.Test

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 06/26/2011 07:07:40
by Pol R (Basic support level)

I want to run the vDisk sample with Microsoft unit test infrastructure(the one that build in inside visual studio 2010).
I wrapped the vDisk sample as DLL.

while loading the DLL with simple application and running it , everything working fine.

while loading the DLL with simple UT project everything works fine(including MountMedia) until I'm getting this error while i'm trying to AddMountingPoint : "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

Do you have any idea why this is happening? Is there a way I can investigate why I'm getting this error?

Posted: 06/26/2011 07:24:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Are you talking about .NET or Windows native development? On .NET unit testing won't work with CBFS due to the way that testing is implemented.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/26/2011 07:46:08
by Pol R (Basic support level)

Yes , I want to use it with .NET UT

Posted: 06/26/2011 08:45:25
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Not possible.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/30/2012 07:29:25
by Mykola Denysiuk (Basic support level)

Pol R wrote:
Yes , I want to use it with .NET UT

I managed to make unit tests working if starting MSTest.exe externally (not by using "Run tests" from Visual Studio).

You need to execute a command like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\MSTest.exe" /noisolation /testcontainer:TestFileSystem\bin\Debug\TestFileSystem.dll

Argument "/noisolation" is required, otherwise all tests will fail.

At the same time you will not be able to calculate code coverage with Visual Studio tools. For that you can use NCover (community edition is free).

Please send me a message if you need help configuring NCover.
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Topic viewed 1424 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!