EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Multiple concurrent user

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 05/30/2011 11:16:25
by Abdulrahman Azab (Basic support level)

Since callbackFS works in the user space, if we want to allow multiple users of one machine to access their own VFS by mounting them as network drivrs on other machines in the LAN. Could this be carried out? How? and is this doable for windows server only?
Posted: 05/30/2011 11:34:38
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I am not sure that I understand your task, but any of interpretations of your questions that I can make are possible with Callback File System. If you want detailed instructions, please describe your task in details.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/31/2011 00:50:29

Well, our case is:
we have a windows XP machine with MySQL server installed. MySQL server should be accessed remotly by multiple users who are both windows users and MySQL users. The aim is to design the access interface in the form of file manipulation. What we want to do is to mount a callback virtual drive for each user on the MySQL server machine and allow each of the user to mount his associated virtual drive as a network drive in his own machine, for interacting with the server. Is this possible? how?
Posted: 05/31/2011 01:57:43

Yes, you just create a number of virtual disks and share them and then adjust access rights so that each user was allowed to access only his drive.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/31/2011 06:43:56

Yes, about this specific point. callback is a user space FS, and I add the virtual disks and monunt them through an application which runs in the user mode. If the user logs off, then the application terminates. Server applications, e.g. database servers, usually runs as a windows service(i.e. system process) so that they can keep running regardless the user login case.

I was thinking of building a callbackFS based windows service for my pupose, so that it will run in the background and all users will see all mounted drives. Then internally I can adjust the access rights to each drive. Would it work this way?
Posted: 05/31/2011 08:09:18

Abdulrahman Azab wrote:
I was thinking of building a callbackFS based windows service for my pupose, so that it will run in the background and all users will see all mounted drives. Then internally I can adjust the access rights to each drive. Would it work this way?

Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind and offered.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1572 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!