EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CBFS API Documentation

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 05/10/2011 19:51:47
by ray han (Basic support level)

Hi All,
I am evaluating Callback File system to mount a remote Filesystem served by a remote server and have few questions.

I am using VC++ 2008 Express Edition and I havent been able to run the supplied samples (Because it is missing afxres.h file) and I am planning to primarily use Poco C++ libraries for the application.

Is there a document that describes the APIs of CBFS? There aren't any API comments on CBFs.h and the knowledge base doesnt seem to point to any such doc.

I am primarily looking to do the following option for evaluation and would appreciate information on the following.
1. Create a mount point,
2. Mount remote server (I have the HTTP portion of it done and I Can enumerate through folders etc).
3. Navigate through the folders
4. Unmount remote server.

Many thanks for your help.
Posted: 05/10/2011 23:17:35
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Did you check what's in the package you have installed? There's a help file there, a reference to which is available via the start menu. Online version of the help file is on this site - if you visit CBFS section of the site, the Resources box on the right of the page includes "Documentation" link.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/11/2011 22:19:44
by ray han (Basic support level)

Thanks Eugene.
I got the sample (mounter) working by changing afxres.h to windows.h in the resource.rc file.
I Was also able to create a test application to create a mount point. I guess most of these callbacks map to equivalent windows calls. So I will dig into them. I was just not sure on what set of functions and sequence need to be done
for example,
Create storage,
Create Mount point,
Implement callbacks etc

Thanks and Regards
Posted: 05/11/2011 23:27:30
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Just for reference: How To Start using the API

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1693 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!