EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Testsuite for FileSystem

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 01/13/2011 00:52:21
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Some sort of testsuite for the implemented filesystem. perhaps supporting nunit, mbunit or ncover. Since every filesystem using cbfs must have a common behavior it would be nice to have an easy way of checking the basic stuff.
If you like the idea, vote for it on http://www.eldos.com/cbfs/wishlist.php

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/06/2011 11:00:30
by Simon Coghlan (Standard support level)

I'm about to start one of these on Codeplex, (Called WinAFRED)
It does not have any code yet, and will either be xUnit or NUnit underneath, with an option to use MEF or something to extend it in the future.
Any Help or suggestions would be a great boost for this :-)
Posted: 12/06/2011 11:47:04
by Brahim Bakayoko (Standard support level)

I voted for this feature.
Note that fine grained unit tests are great, but complex and composed ones will be needed to make this effort complete.

That is, it is fine to test operations at the micro level, but testing a series of operations as potentially done by a typical application will also be useful.
Posted: 09/24/2012 16:32:08
by Jose Battig (Basic support level)

I would love DUnit
Posted: 10/01/2012 12:10:06
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I think we could make use of [paid] help from somebody who understands what they need. Cause so far it's not clear how such test suite should look like. For example, Microsoft provides a test suite which can be adapted for CBFS-based file systems, but you need to *learn* that test suite, i.e. it's not something easily usable. If we implement anything similar, we will end up with a copy of microsoft's test with some steep learning curve.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/31/2013 08:51:56
by VoxPopuli Robot  (EldoS Corp.)

Idea status has been changed to Planned
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Topic viewed 1700 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!