EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

File properties are empty

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 11/10/2010 09:57:39
by Robert Baer (Basic support level)

Hello,

I have a problem displaying the correct file properties. Size and date are displayed correctly in the Explorer details view (see screenshot below). But when I open the file properties the values are empty.

CBFS does not send a GetFileInfoEvent in this moment - I guess it uses the cached data which is passed by EnumerateDirectory?

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Robert

Posted: 11/10/2010 10:52:31
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Robert,

The displayed information is taken from the internal meta-data cache. And it appears in the cache after the call of the OnGetFileInfo event that is called before the file is opened for the first time.
Posted: 11/11/2010 09:44:11
by Robert Baer (Basic support level)

Hello Vladimir,

thanks for your reply! I finally found the error in my source code. Surprisingly, the OnEnumerateDirectory event is called when the file properties are displayed. In this case the parameter "mask" is filled with the name of the file. My code just didn't accept any mask but "*" so the callback didn't return any file information.

Regards,
Robert
Posted: 11/11/2010 10:15:23
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Wonderful. Thank you for letting us know, we will add this information to the help file now.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 914 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!