EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CBFS and NUnit

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 10/28/2010 18:54:08
by Igor Nosyryev (Basic support level)

Our company uses NUnit heavily for unit and regression testing. Now I'm evaluation CBFS for possible future use and as usual started from a unit test:
Code
[TestFixture]
public class VfsTests
{
   [Test]
   public void TestSample()
   {
      SampleVfs vfs = new SampleVfs();
      vfs.Initialize();
      Console.WriteLine(vfs.GetDriverStatus());

vfs.CreateStorage();
      vfs.AddPoint("K:");
      vfs.Mount();

// Test functionality of the drive here
      new Form().ShowDialog();

vfs.Unmount();
      vfs.DeletePoint(0);
      vfs.DeleteStorage();
   }
}

The code is in C# and SampleVfs class it's a simple adaptation of VDisk from Samples.

After spending few hours on debugging I gave up to make it run and then in despair started it from an executable just as a method call. And vuala, it works.

It looks like the problem is in the host process. If it's a regular executable then the code works without any issues. If it was started by NUnit then everything besides vfs.Mount() works. It's possible to add mounting points, they appear in Explorer etc. But a call to vfs.Mount() hangs for like 20 sec and then returns error "CallbackFS.ECBFSError : The operation completed successfully".

Could you, please, help with starting CBFS in a unit test?

Thanks in advance!
Posted: 10/29/2010 00:56:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report. I am moving your question to HelpDesk so that the developer could help you, and when the solution is available, we will post the answer here as well to let other users know about it.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/07/2015 06:30:02
by Nomadesk Professional Services (Basic support level)

Hi,

I'm having the same error everytime we close our software.
I delete and detach the filter, but everytime we recieve the error.

Is there something we can do?
Posted: 01/07/2015 06:33:37

Are you asking about the filter or CBFS? CBFS is NOT a filter.

In any case none of our products are compatible with NUnit due to the way NUnit is implemented - they create some half-isolated environment within the application which interferes with the mechanisms CBFS uses for driver-usermode communications.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/07/2015 07:18:32
by Nomadesk Professional Services (Basic support level)

Ah I see,
No we are using the calbackfilter. But we get the same error "CbFlt.ECBFltError: The operation completed successfully".

We initialise the filter at the start off the application and dispose it at the end.
Posted: 01/07/2015 08:37:35

Well, in any case NUnit won't work as the used mechanism is the same.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 2869 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!