EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Access denied to virtual drive

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 07/08/2010 02:54:46
by Giovanni Aninon (Basic support level)

I am in the process of updating an existing code (implemented using CBFS2.5 and following the Mapper sample code) to CBFS3.0. Everything works well except for the following.

Old and new codes work well -- meaning, I can see and browse the contents of virtual drive Z in windows explorer.

In the old code, virtual drive Z can be accessed by an outside application while in the new code, I get an "access denied" error when it tries to access drive Z.

I'm thinking that this line of code made the difference:
OLD CODE --> mCbFs.AddMountingPointEx("Z:", false);
(I set the 2nd parameter to "false" to disable verification of user access.)

How can I do this in CBFS3.0?
I did the following using CBFS3.0 and my other application will get an access denied error. I wanted to be able to do the same as in CBFS2.5.

--> mCbFs.AddMountingPoint("Z:");
--> mCbFs.AddMountingPoint("Z:", 0, null);
--> mCbFs.AddMountingPoint("Z:", 1, null);

All of the above doesn't work. Note that I can access the virtual drive Z in windows explorer. It's just that another application (perhaps running in different user account which is valid for the machine) will get access denied in CBFS3.0 but OK in CBFS2.5 codes.

Thank you very much to anyone who can shed me some light.
Posted: 07/08/2010 15:23:25
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Before we continue, can you please elaborate on what license for CBFS do you have? I don't see your name in the list of registered users, neither I see sending you a trial key for CBFS. If you have a license, please assign the license ticket to your user account before we continue. The ticket itself and the procedure of it's use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/08/2010 20:03:29
by Giovanni Aninon (Basic support level)

Hello Eugene.

I am actually tasked to do the study on how we can use CBFS and the owner of the license key is my boss. I will ask my boss to log this ticket in helpdesk using his account. (Perhaps within today).

Thank you.
Posted: 07/09/2010 00:26:57
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Giovanni,

Please modify the Mapper sample so it will be possible to reproduce the problem and give it to us with step-by-step instructions how to do it. Don't forget to remove your registration key from the sample code.
Also it would be better if you created a ticket in the helpdesk for the problem.

Topic viewed 1591 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!