EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Issue while deleting a directory

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 05/19/2010 00:00:59
by Mezeo Support (Basic support level)

While deleting a directory containing files and/or directories, files are deleted but not the directory.

With Eldos 2.5, deleting an empty directory would raise events OnCanFileBeDeleted & OnDeleteFile subsequently. However with Eldos 3.0, these events do not seem to be called and the directory is not deleted.

Any suggestions?
Posted: 05/19/2010 01:31:13
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

First, please learn that EldoS is a company name.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/19/2010 04:30:42
by Mezeo Support (Basic support level)

Sorry, what I meant was Callback File System
Posted: 05/19/2010 05:43:05
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hello,

Is the problem reproducible with one of the CallbackFS samples? If so please specify what sample it is (including the type of development platform - C++, Delphi, or .NET). Also specify version of Windows where the problem is (including if it's 32- or 64-bit).
Thanks.

BTW: In the case of bugreports (or something similar) please use our HelpDesk system. In most cases this gives you faster and more problem-specific support.
Posted: 05/19/2010 13:30:19
by Eric Dahlvang (Standard support level)

We have also been experiencing this. I thought maybe it was something I've done...but, I cannot find any code changes that would have effected the deleting of folders, and deleting files has continued to work correctly.

After looking at the samples, I noticed that there is code in the CbFsIsDirectoryEmptyEvent. We haven't had any code in that method up to this point, and it didn't make a difference. Folders were deleting without issue. Once I added code to that method in our source, folders were once again deleting correctly.

Apparently Eldos modified CBFS in such a way that the CbFsIsDirectoryEmptyEvent must be handled correctly in order to ensure that folders are deleted.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1344 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!