EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Issue while deleting a directory

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 05/19/2010 00:00:59
by Mezeo Support (Basic support level)

While deleting a directory containing files and/or directories, files are deleted but not the directory.

With Eldos 2.5, deleting an empty directory would raise events OnCanFileBeDeleted & OnDeleteFile subsequently. However with Eldos 3.0, these events do not seem to be called and the directory is not deleted.

Any suggestions?
Posted: 05/19/2010 01:31:13
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

First, please learn that EldoS is a company name.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/19/2010 04:30:42
by Mezeo Support (Basic support level)

Sorry, what I meant was Callback File System
Posted: 05/19/2010 05:43:05
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Is the problem reproducible with one of the CallbackFS samples? If so please specify what sample it is (including the type of development platform - C++, Delphi, or .NET). Also specify version of Windows where the problem is (including if it's 32- or 64-bit).

BTW: In the case of bugreports (or something similar) please use our HelpDesk system. In most cases this gives you faster and more problem-specific support.
Posted: 05/19/2010 13:30:19
by Eric Dahlvang (Standard support level)

We have also been experiencing this. I thought maybe it was something I've done...but, I cannot find any code changes that would have effected the deleting of folders, and deleting files has continued to work correctly.

After looking at the samples, I noticed that there is code in the CbFsIsDirectoryEmptyEvent. We haven't had any code in that method up to this point, and it didn't make a difference. Folders were deleting without issue. Once I added code to that method in our source, folders were once again deleting correctly.

Apparently Eldos modified CBFS in such a way that the CbFsIsDirectoryEmptyEvent must be handled correctly in order to ensure that folders are deleted.
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Topic viewed 1195 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!