EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 04/21/2010 14:06:53
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

I am adding a mounting point and I want to set the sector size of the virtual disk to what my database system specifies as the sector size. When do I call SetSectorSize to do that? I tried doing it in the GetVolumeSize callback at that didn't seem to work, I got an ECbFsError that said the storage was active already. So, it seems like I cannot call SetSectorSize for the drive after I have done the CreateStorage and MountMedia, is that correct?
Posted: 04/21/2010 16:19:45
by Gavin McKay (Standard support level)

I thought it had to be done prior to the CreateStorage call... mainly because you are defining the characteristics of your drive then telling Windows what it is.

Might be wrong on that though... I don't explicitly set the cbfs.SectorSize property anywhere so it defaults to 512 for me. I think you would set it somewhere soon after you initialise your CallBackFileSystem object.
Posted: 04/21/2010 16:21:47
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, it's correct. The sector size must be set before the CreateStorage call.

Topic viewed 1010 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!