EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Forum response for "Moved to helpdesk"

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 04/19/2010 17:07:31
by Gavin McKay (Standard support level)

There are a couple of forum posts for v3 that are finalised with "Moved to helpdesk". No problems with that, but could the result be added to the forums? Particularly if it was a code issue such as missing a function call, not setting an event variable, etc?

It would help enormously with the migration from v2 to v3. I have tripped up a couple of times when missing setting a property or value in an event (my latest one being not setting the FileNameLength variable)

Thanks!
Posted: 04/20/2010 02:15:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Gavin McKay wrote:
It would help enormously with the migration from v2 to v3. I have tripped up a couple of times when missing setting a property or value in an event (my latest one being not setting the FileNameLength variable)

There's a comprehensive list of breaking API changes in documentation's Release Notes. Some behavior has changed under the hood as well, but such changes are hard to document because they were not our changes, but the way OS responds to our changes. So they are not all obvious.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/20/2010 02:33:43
by Gavin McKay (Standard support level)

Do you mean the notes here:

https://www.eldos.com/documentation/cbfs/ref_gen_release_notes_30.html

or somewhere else?
Posted: 04/20/2010 02:54:12
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, that's it. If there was an API change, it got to this list (maybe in a bit sparse way, but it did).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1271 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!