EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Errors in copying, creating and renaming files

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 04/09/2010 16:51:29
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

I'm not getting the same unhandled exception as him, but I am experiencing some of the other problems that Mr. Bedertdinov has in his post below. Specifically, when I drag and drop a file from one of my virtual disk's folders to another, the file moves, but I get an error message from Windows that says
Cannot create or replace folder: Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name.

Also when I try to create a new folder, it gives me the "New Folder" but then opens up the very first folder in the list for renaming rather than opening up the "New Folder" name for renaming the way Windows does it.

If I then try to right click and rename the "New Folder" I get the following error message from Windows
Cannot rename New Folder: Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name.

Any ideas as to why all this is happening?
Posted: 04/09/2010 16:55:49

Also, whenever I run a test like this, at the end of my program I do get an unhandled exception that I have isolated to the freeing of the CallbackFileSystem object that I use to do all the CBFS work. I stopped my code right before the free and the object pointer seemed valid. The message I receive says that I have somehow written beyond the end of the heap.
Posted: 04/09/2010 17:14:09

Also, I'd just like to mention that the code I'm using is totally unchanged from the exact same code that worked with Version 2.5, except for the necessary changes to make it compile and run with version 3.0. So, I'm pretty sure that the errors are not the fault of my application's code, it seems like it has to be something in the new CbFs stuff.
Posted: 04/10/2010 12:10:00
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1072 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!