EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

GetMountingPointCountEx

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 04/07/2010 16:09:21
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

I'm trying to compile my old code using the new version 3.0 include libraries and I'm running into a problem with a call to GetMountingPointCountEx(). The documentation says
Use this property to get the list of the mounting points for the storage which are visible for the current thread. This includes global mounting points and those mounting points, which were created with the same session ID and Authentication ID as the calling thread. Use MountingPointCountEx property to get the total number of all mounting points.

But it seems like the GetMountingPointCountEx() no longer exists. Is this true? and if so, will GetMountingPointCount() give me what I am looking for?
Posted: 04/07/2010 17:38:08

Another issue related to the documentation is that the GetSectorSize and SetSectorSize are described as functions taking and returning DWORD values, but in reality in the .h files they are defined as WORD values.
Posted: 04/08/2010 01:15:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Hmm, do you read documentation online or in the compiled help file? I believe I excluded all removed methods from the help file. Indeed GetMountingPoint method is a new way to retrieve the mounting point list.

I will correct *SectorSize as well.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/08/2010 09:50:12

I use the compiled help file, not the online version.
Posted: 04/09/2010 12:51:17
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Very strange - the file for GetMountingPointEx is not present there (but is present in the online help). Anyway, I am rebuilding the help file now.
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 1442 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!