EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Named Streams missing StreamNameLength parameter in doco

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 09/20/2009 21:25:44
by Gavin McKay (Standard support level)

Hello,

I am testing an implementation of Named Streams in my CbFs system and the doco (C#) says:

public void CbFsEnumerateNamedStreamsEvent( CallbackFileSystem Sender, CbFsFileInfo FileInfo, ref IntPtr NamedStreamContext, ref string StreamName, ref Int64 StreamSize, ref Int64 StreamAllocationSize, ref bool NamedStreamFound );

however when I create a matching delegate it tells me I am missing a param. When I look at the definition for the delegate I get:

public delegate void CbFsEnumerateNamedStreamsEvent(CallbackFileSystem Sender, CbFsFileInfo FileInfo, ref IntPtr NamedStreamContext, ref string StreamName, ref int StreamNameLength, ref long StreamSize, ref long StreamAllocationSize, ref bool NamedStreamFound);

The doco seems to be missing a definition for StreamNameLength. I assume this is just the length in characters of the name of the stream, but thought you should know.
Posted: 09/21/2009 09:35:03
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, you are right. In this parameter(StreamNameLength) you must return stream name length. Look at the sample code from C# Mounter project. This error from docs will be fixed, thank you for the report.
Posted: 09/21/2009 12:18:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Note: the returned stream length is in bytes.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/22/2009 22:18:36
by Gavin McKay (Standard support level)

OK thanks for the confirmation guys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1714 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!