EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

error copying two files consecutively

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 07/24/2009 06:04:57
by Bastian Moldenhauer (Standard support level)

Hello,

I have a problem with copying two files consecutively to the cbfs.

ErrorCode: 0x800703EE
Message: "The volume for a file has been externally altered such that the opened file is no longer valid"

I do not really understand what happens here and what is different to copying the same files one by one, which works great. Anybody can give me a hint? What is the Explorer comparing here? And where is the difference in copying those files one by one?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Posted: 07/24/2009 06:22:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Are you trying with your own application or with one of the samples?
Also, what API are you using?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/24/2009 06:55:42

Hi,

i was trieng this with my own application which communicates with a server. I am using the C#.NET Api.

But it seems like I found my mistake. I will tell you in a couple of minutes when I have checked this.

Regards.
Posted: 07/24/2009 09:53:02

MMh, I thought that this has something to do with the FileAttributes not being correct, but they seem to be correct.

Any hint on what the Explorer is testing here? If i hit the "repeat"-button the explorer queues for the volumesize.

And it works when I copy one of the files to the drive and then copy both and overwrite the one copied before.
Seems like the volumesize is not correct.
What value does he expect between those both files?
Is it oldvolumsize-file1.size?

I am stuck here..
Posted: 07/24/2009 10:12:19
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I suggest that you first of all try reproducing the problem with the sample application. If the problem is reproduced there, then we will be able to look at it on our side. If no, then we will need more detailed description from you

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/25/2009 06:40:27
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Perhaps File Monitor fr om sysinternals.com can help you to find where the problem is. Attach it to your CallbackFS virtual volume and look for requests that finish with error.
Posted: 07/25/2009 12:14:29

Hey,

I finally found out what is wrong. We added the line mCFSB.notifyDirectoryChange in the callback of CreateFile, which in retroperspective is just a bad thing to do..and I totally understand what went wrong.
Surprisingly this only makes trouble when copying more than one file at once.

Thank you for your ideas and help.

Regards.
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2776 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!