EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

"The maximum number of secrets....." message

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 06/22/2009 08:50:54
by Laryn Fernandes (Basic support level)

My application is built on top of CBFS and works as expected on Vista Business.
When I move the set of binaries to an XP machine and execute it, I get the following message box.
"The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single computer has been exceeded."

Can someone please explain the meaning of this message and also point out what could be possibly wrong ?
~ Laryn
Posted: 06/22/2009 09:14:49
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This is a system message, not ours. Did you try to track, what exactly Windows API or CBFS API call causes the message? Or maybe this is some file operation such as copying thousands of files to the disk?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/22/2009 12:55:00
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

This is a system error ERROR_TOO_MANY_SECRETS (or the status error STATUS_TOO_MANY_SECRETS). But seems nothing in CallbackFS that can cause it.
Please try to track it. If the error is returned from the kernel then perhaps the programs "Process Monitor" and "File Monitor" from sysinternals.com help.

Topic viewed 1763 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!