EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to locate network mounting points programmatically?

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 06/05/2009 04:08:12
by Tim Hayes (Standard support level)

Some help please.

I have 2 client programs running on the same PC (in test mode). Each embeds CBFS and can load a network mounting point as a drive.

I use the <Local Mounting Point>;<Server name>;<Share Name> format when adding the mounting point.

I get an error (file already exists) opening the second client with a different Local Mounting Point but the same Server name and Share Name. I can see this is logical, and would need to use different names for the second client.

So, my question is - is there a way my program can determine if Server name and Share Name are already in use?

Thanks in advance.

Tim Hayes
Posted: 06/05/2009 04:28:37
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

You can use for this the system NPOpenEnum or NPGetResourceInformation functions.
Or create a registry key where the information about created by your programs shares will be placed.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1601 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!