EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

About CbFsOpenFile function..

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 04/21/2009 14:51:48
by Amit Bhatia (Basic support level)

OS gets to function CbFsOpenFile for more than one time for every single event(eg: double clicking a folder inside VD invokes this function for more than one time for various other files and directories).

In this case, how can we determine that what is the actual folder/file which has been requested by the user to open..?

Thanks & Regards
Amit Bhatia
Posted: 04/22/2009 01:05:12
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

This is a behavior of Explorer to open files inside a recently opened directory in order to obtain meta-information (icons, etc) from them. Just return from the callbacks what Explorer (or someone else) wants.

Amit Bhatia wrote:
In this case, how can we determine that what is the actual folder/file which has been requested by the user to open..?

I think on a basis of OnOpen calls it's quite difficult from the callbacks level (if it's really possible at all) to figure out what a directory is currently opened, because after the directory contents was read and shown in an Explorer's pane the directory can be closed. And don't forget about shell extension components that can also perform i/o and so can influence on a behavior of Explorer.
Posted: 04/22/2009 12:47:47
by Amit Bhatia (Basic support level)

Thanks Vladimir for your swift responses always.
You people are great, hope I succeed in what I am trying to do and get this great product licensed from you people.

Cheers

Statistics

Topic viewed 2608 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!