EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CreateDirectory inside callback..

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 04/18/2009 14:07:27
by Amit Bhatia (Basic support level)

I am trying to create a directory from inside a callback function, but I am not able to. Not able to figure out the reason behind the behavious. Can this behavious be explained..? What about the solution..if they can't be crated from inside..?
Posted: 04/18/2009 14:09:38

sorry about few typo mistakes :-)
behavious => behaviour
crated => created
Posted: 04/19/2009 02:13:53
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

A side note: you should see Edit link/button below the text of your post. Using that button you can modify the posted message to fix the typos.

Now about your question: on what file system do you want to create the directory? Is it the virtual disk itself or this is some other disk?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/19/2009 02:21:39

Hi Eugene ,

Thanks will take care about that editing option next time if required.

I am working on Windows Vista and trying to create directory in VD only.

Thanks
Amit Bhatia
Posted: 04/19/2009 03:07:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You may not initiate any operations on the virtual disk from your callbacks. If you need to modify the file system contents, you must do modifications in the underlying structure and then call NotifyDirectoryChange for the virtual disk function to tell the OS that the disk has been changed from outside of the OS and that the OS should re-read the directory contents.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2259 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!