EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Mapping complete drive or My Computer..?

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 04/02/2009 06:52:46
by Amit Bhatia (Basic support level)

Is it possible to map the whole drive to the virtual drive..?
Can the whole My Computer(special folder) be mapped to the virtual drive..?
Posted: 04/02/2009 09:12:51
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Sure, it's possible.
Posted: 04/02/2009 10:43:02
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You can map anything, and it's up to you how to represent certain structure as a drive. However, you need to have a good understanding of shell namespace in order to map "My Computer" as a drive, because many namespace parts are handled via interfaces by different shell extensions. But in general I don't see a problem with such mapping (besides the time needed to implement this functionality).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/02/2009 23:19:20
by Amit Bhatia (Basic support level)

2 scenarios

1. Win Xp and FAT32 drives
Able to map all the drives.

2. Win Vista with NTFS drive(only C:)
Not able to map C: to Virtual Drive. "Access Denied". How can I get rid of this?

Regards
Posted: 04/02/2009 23:37:56
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please provide more details about what you are doing. Callback File System is not a mapper tool, but an SDK where you write code. So you need to look for the problem in the code.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2140 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!