EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Vladimir rocks!

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 03/17/2009 17:37:49
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

I just downloaded the latest driver for CBFS and tried using AddNetworkDrive to set up network drives for my virtual disk application and I have to say I am quite impressed. Not only do the interfaces work the way I expect them to, but I also found a performance improvement of almost 33% when accessing files on my virtual disk.

Of course, this is only with some very rudimentary preliminary testing, but it looks pretty good so far. I'll let you know within the next few days whether I find anything that I don't like, but as for now, Vladimir, "You Rock!".
Posted: 03/18/2009 11:37:00

Well I knew things were too good to be true. When I dismount a drive I get the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) with the following technical information on it.

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xB12C2F41, 0xA01C2AF4, 0x00000000)
cbfs.sys - Address B12C2F41, base at B12BD000, Datestamp 49bbd144

I have attached two files to this message. The first one "DeleteMountPoint.txt" has the code snippet showing exactly what sequence of function calls I am using. The error occurs right after the call to DeleteStorage(TRUE).

The second file "Mini031809-02.dmp" has the Windows memory dump file that was created when this error occurred.

Sorry, your system only allows me to attach one file at a time, so I will attach the code snippet to this message and the dump to the next one.

[ Download ]
Posted: 03/18/2009 11:39:46

Your system will not allow me to attach a .dmp file to a message. I am changing the extension to .txt to see if that works, but the original file had a .dmp extension, so you may want to change it back after you receive it.

[ Download ]
Posted: 03/18/2009 12:49:14

Well, here is another interesting tidbit about this problem. If you look at the code snippet I sent you you will notice that I am deleting the Mounting point using the call to DelteMountingPontEx that uses the MountPointName to identify the MountingPoint. If I change that call to use the other overload of that function, namely using the index into your MountingPoints table, that is I call DeleteMountingPointEx(index), rather than
DeleteMountingPointEx(name, NULL, NULL), everything works fine and I don't get the BSOD. That is rather puzzling, but maybe it will point you to the right place for identifying the error.
Posted: 03/20/2009 04:51:55
by Rene Pape (Standard support level)

Hi there

I have experienced exactly the same scenario as Sid Schipper

...When I dismount a drive I get the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)...
...The error occurs right after the call to DeleteStorage(TRUE)...

and

Well, here is another interesting tidbit about this problem. If you look at the code snippet I sent you you will notice that I am deleting the Mounting point using the call to DelteMountingPontEx that uses the MountPointName to identify the MountingPoint. If I change that call to use the other overload of that function, namely using the index into your MountingPoints table, that is I call DeleteMountingPointEx(index), rather than
DeleteMountingPointEx(name, NULL, NULL), everything works fine and I don't get the BSOD. That is rather puzzling, but maybe it will point you to the right place for identifying the error.

I've been testing this on a WinXP sp3 all updated with the cbfs 2.5.48 driver.

very much looking forward to some solution / feedback
Posted: 03/20/2009 07:51:06
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hi,

The problem exists if a network mounting point is created by specifing the full name (for example "x:;server_name;share_name"), but in DeleteMountingPointEx only the drive letter is passed (i.e. only "x:" instead of "x:;server_name;share_name"). So to avoid the bug just pass the full mounting point name to the DeleteMountingPointEx function.
It is our error and we are going to fix it in the nearest build. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Posted: 03/21/2009 05:25:30
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

The bug has been fixed. The fix will be available in the nearest build.
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3378 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!