EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Allow Delayed Close

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 02/18/2009 03:11:39
by Tim Hayes (Standard support level)

Help file says:

"Internally the CallbackFS driver delays closing of files in hope that these files will be opened again soon and data structures that were created internally by the driver for the files will be reused. Use this method to allow or forbid such behaviour."

At present with the property set to false, I appear to be getting too many file closes. For instance, when a text file is edited in notepad, when the new content is saved I am getting 3 opens and closes - presumably for content/date and attributes. When set to true, the file does not close when expected and I am delayed in updating my underlying database.

What is the period of delay? Surely this should be a user-defined parameter somewhere.
Posted: 02/18/2009 03:29:41
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

This parameter is obsolete and does nothing. There is no delaying in the closing of files now.
And as I see there is no description of the parameter in the help file.
Posted: 02/18/2009 10:52:19
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

This parameter may be deprecated, but the CallAllOpenCloseCallbacks property is not and that one also affects whether you see the close of a file or not. The current documentation for it is also incorrect, it states that when the property is TRUE that the callbacks are not called! and that is wrong. I have the property set to TRUE in my application and all the callbacks are called. When you set the property to FALSE is when the callbacks do not get called.

It would be nice, Vladimir or Eugene, if you fixed that piece of doc. :-)

Otherwise, everything is going pretty well for my application and CBFS, I'm just waiting patiently for the next build.
Posted: 02/19/2009 07:26:47

Sid Schipper wrote:
It would be nice, Vladimir or Eugene, if you fixed that piece of doc. :-)

Thanks. We will fix it.

Sid Schipper wrote:
... I'm just waiting patiently for the next build.

The new build will be available in a few days.
Posted: 02/19/2009 07:31:39

I have been wrong. The new build is already available. It's Version 2.5 RC (build 46).
Posted: 02/19/2009 14:15:14

Well, I looked at the latest documentation and it still seems wrong to me.
Posted: 02/19/2009 14:33:05
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The documentation has been fixed. I can't say if it got to the build 46, though.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/19/2009 16:36:46

OK, sorry!
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2862 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!