EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

NTFS support from SolFS Driver

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 10/13/2008 22:52:31
by gwihwan Ji (Basic support level)

Hi,

Does SolFS support NTFS as well?
At a sample, I saw a FAT32 example.

Best regards,

Joohyun
Posted: 10/14/2008 00:42:23
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SolFS Driver Edition is based on SolFS file system. It doesn't support other file systems. You can set a custom file system name, that's true, but some OS functions and Windows applications will work only if the file system is either FAT32 or NTFS, so we set the name to FAT32 (to set it to NTFS we would need to support NT file security, which SolFS doesn't support natively at the moment).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/14/2008 00:44:29

But ... did you mean SolFS or Callback File System?
With Callback File System the situation is very similar. You build a custom file system and you can set any custom name, but some things will work only if the name is set to FAT32 or NTFS. You can use NTFS name if you properly implement security-related callbacks.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/12/2009 10:26:54
by Daniel Wehrle (Priority Standard support level)

What is needed to write custom file system? Whre can I find documantation about this?

Thanks
-- Dnaiel
Posted: 02/12/2009 10:44:35

I am not sure that I understand your question. Assuming that you ask about Callback File System (for which you have a license), you have several samples shipped with the installation. And these samples cover all functionality except security checks. We plan to add some how-to or sample or something about this to CBFS. We just have too much work to have already done in one day.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2887 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!