EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Adding file Programmatically

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 10/02/2008 13:05:56
by Khayralla AL-Athari (Standard support level)

Hey Guys,

thanks for all of you.

Mr. Schipper gave me a good hint.

I add a code to create a new Virtual file inside CbFsEnumerateDirectory event
Code
            else
            {
                pInfo = (ENUM_INFO)GCHandle.FromIntPtr(EnumerationContext).Target;
                vdir = pInfo.vfile;
            }

if (!vdir.Enumerated && vdir.Name != "\\")
            {
                fileDetailsList = GetChildFiles(DirectoryInfo.FileName);
                vdir.Enumerated = true; // next time will not retrieve from database

for (int i = 0; i < fileDetailsList.Count; i++)
                {
                    VirtualFile vNewfile = new VirtualFile(fileDetailsList[i].FileName);
                    // Set all vNewfile Attributes and Properties from database.

vdir.AddFile(vNewfile, false);//Don't reset AddFile Enumeration
                }
            }

if (FileFound = vdir.Context.GetNextFile(ref vfile))
            {

Now, it is running smoothly, but still need more testing.

So Guys, Do you think this is a proper place to handle addition for subfoders/files ?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

thanks again

Khayralla
Posted: 10/02/2008 14:50:15

Hi again

I noticed that if there are more than 25 subfolders/files (say 60) in a Directory1

the following statment
Code
if (FileFound = vdir.Context.GetNextFile(ref vfile))

will enumerate only the first 25 subfolders/files and a new CbFsEnumerateDirectory event for another Directory2 is start, which will again enumerate the 25 first subfolders\files.

When I click F5 (refresh) in Windows Explorer, the 60 subfolders/files are listed

any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Khayralla
Posted: 10/02/2008 14:52:31
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Khayralla AL-Athari wrote:
So Guys, Do you think this is a proper place to handle addition for subfoders/files ?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Any action from any callback function directed to the same virtual disk, for which the callback is being called, can cause a deadlock. For example if the directory "h:\dir1" is being enumerated and from the EnumerateDirectory callback for this enumeration perform a call for creation of the file "h:\file1.txt" then there is a possibility that a deadlock will occur.

It's possible to workaround it, for example by performing such actions asynchronously(!!!) from some different thread.
Posted: 10/02/2008 15:05:47
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Khayralla AL-Athari wrote:
I noticed that if there are more than 25 subfolders/files (say 60) in a Directory1

the following statment ...

I've just checked enumeration on a virtual disk created by the CallbackFS Mounter sample and it works correctly. How can we reproduce the problem?
Posted: 10/02/2008 15:12:31

Sory Vladimir

this behavior is happen after adding my code above to CbFsEnumerateDirectory event.

Khayralla

Posted: 10/03/2008 05:52:57
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please post the test case (the source code of the application in ZIP archive), which reproduces the issue, to the HelpDesk

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/03/2008 07:58:31

but there is a database and data access layer and more...
Posted: 10/03/2008 11:28:43

Actually after removing Debug stuff like

mCbFs.ResetTimeout(0); //It's good idea to set timeout to 0 when you do debugging of your callback functions.

Trace.Writln,...

It is become more stable.

still I am testing it.

thanks Eugene
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 8741 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!