EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Question about serializing callbacks

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 09/25/2008 13:31:43
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

Do any of you out there have any experience with setting SerializeCallbacks to true? I am having some difficulty wrapping my head around my code when I have a lot of multi-threading going on and it would make life much simpler for me if the code was more serialized, but of course I am worried about the trade-off in performance. Please reply to this question with any experience you may have in this area. Thank you.
Posted: 09/27/2008 22:10:09
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

SerializeCallbacks only influences on serialization of callbacks that are called for different files. I.e. if some operations are performed with a single file then callbacks for the file will be called always synchronously, it does not depend whether SerializeCallbacks is set or not.
Sure if SerializeCallbacks is set then your file system performance will be slower, but usually the difference is small.
It's necessary to do some test for your file system to determine such performance differences because it depends from CallbackFS callbacks implementation.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2167 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!