EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

The Mapper sample and MAC shares

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 09/17/2008 01:07:22
by Søren Kristensen (Basic support level)

I have had some problems with blue screen in my application. Therefore I would like to reproduce the problems on the Mapper sample in order to verify that the problem is not due to an error in my code.

However I see some basic problems when I use the C++ Mapper sample.

Here is what I do:

On my Windows 2003 server I do have a folder structure: C:/Folder/data/Pictures

I now use the Mapper sample (attaced with my changes for NTFS drive, set serialize callbacks and disabling of delayed close)

I mount the C:/Folder to my drive G:

The I share the G:/data as data for windows and Macintosh

From my XP client I connect my Y: drive to shared drive on the server.

On XP I copy a picture into the Y:/pictures/pic.jpg

Then I try to delete the picture. It seems to be OK but after a few seconds the file appears again.

Then I try to delete the picture again and now I get the message: Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.

I am using version 2.0.38.105

[ Download ]
Posted: 09/17/2008 01:56:48
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Thanks. I will check it in a short time.
Posted: 09/19/2008 02:27:16
by Søren Kristensen (Basic support level)

I have seen another issue concerning MAC share.

I do have a folder C:\Mapper\Mapper

Using the Mapper sample, I mount the folder C:\Mapper to my M:drive.

When sharing the M:\Mapper using file service for Macintosh the files in C:\Mapper\Mapper do have their modifoed date update to current time.

Posted: 09/19/2008 05:10:51

Thank you for the bug reports and I'm sorry for the delay. Due to preparing for the conference we have a lack of time. But the problems will be checked as soon as possible.
Posted: 09/25/2008 00:43:49

I have checked it. The problem is because a handle that is opened in CbFsEnumerateNamedStreams is not closed (the code that performed that was deleted from CbFsCloseEnumeration).
Also it's necessary either to throw some exceptions from CbFsSetFileSecurity and CbFsGetFileSecurity or don't use them at all.
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2548 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!