EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

New build, possible problem?

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 08/27/2008 17:07:51
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

I downloaded the latest build and I am noticing something different that I am not sure is attributable to the new build.

In my code I have implemented the OnSetEndOfFile callback and prior to this new build I could run my program under the Visual Studio debugger, put a breakpoint in that routine and see when it got called. It seemed to get called whenever I modified a file and that modification would cause a change in the file's size.

With this new build, that breakpoint is no longer hit at all, it seems like calls to the OnSetEndOfFile callback have somehow been disabled. Does this make any sense to any of you?
Posted: 08/27/2008 17:34:45

Never mind!

I just backed up to the old version I was using when I thought I was able to break in the OnSetEndOfFile callback and I am still having the same problem.

So, either I was imagining the fact that the breakpoint was being hit or my application made some changes that is causing the problem. The latter is quite possible because many changes were made to the application that is modifying the files, so it is possible that we did something that disabled the notification to Windows that our application is changing the file size.

I will look into this further, but I don't think you have to be concerned with it now. If I find anything that I think you do need to be concerned with I'll let you know.
Posted: 08/27/2008 18:04:29

I just verified that it was a problem with our application, not yours. Sorry to bother you.

Topic viewed 2039 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!