EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Getting Started with CBFS article

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 08/06/2008 05:50:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We have prepared a DRAFT of the article named "Getting Started with Callback File System".

As this is a draft, we welcome you to post your questions and comments about the article from it's "beginner's" point of view. The article is not a place for advanced questions, and this topic is not a place for them either. Our goal is to create a good and easy-to-understand getting started instructions for newcomers.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/15/2008 05:59:18
by Tomas de Freitas (Basic support level)

I found it very useful.

It could use a bit more detail on creating 'invisible' UNC-accesible drives. I've followed the docs but cannot access the drive using Start->Run "\\.\mount_name". Probably this is not right but the docs could be clearer so I would know what I'm doing wrong.
Posted: 08/15/2008 06:16:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Tomas de Freitas wrote:
I've followed the docs but cannot access the drive using Start->Run "\\.\mount_name". Probably this is not right but the docs could be clearer so I would know what I'm doing wrong.

That's why they are are called "invisible drives" :).

This won't work at the moment. There are some functions to be implemented in order for such browsing to work.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/15/2008 06:32:15
by Tomas de Freitas (Basic support level)

How would a client app access files on an invisible drive?
Posted: 08/15/2008 07:33:45
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Only using win32 api (at least in the present time). For example so:
HANDLE h = CreateFileW(L"\\\\.\\mount_name\\dir0\\dir1\\file.ext", ....);
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2698 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!