EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Getting Started with CBFS article

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 08/06/2008 05:50:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We have prepared a DRAFT of the article named "Getting Started with Callback File System".

As this is a draft, we welcome you to post your questions and comments about the article from it's "beginner's" point of view. The article is not a place for advanced questions, and this topic is not a place for them either. Our goal is to create a good and easy-to-understand getting started instructions for newcomers.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/15/2008 05:59:18
by Tomas de Freitas (Basic support level)

I found it very useful.

It could use a bit more detail on creating 'invisible' UNC-accesible drives. I've followed the docs but cannot access the drive using Start->Run "\\.\mount_name". Probably this is not right but the docs could be clearer so I would know what I'm doing wrong.
Posted: 08/15/2008 06:16:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Tomas de Freitas wrote:
I've followed the docs but cannot access the drive using Start->Run "\\.\mount_name". Probably this is not right but the docs could be clearer so I would know what I'm doing wrong.

That's why they are are called "invisible drives" :).

This won't work at the moment. There are some functions to be implemented in order for such browsing to work.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/15/2008 06:32:15
by Tomas de Freitas (Basic support level)

How would a client app access files on an invisible drive?
Posted: 08/15/2008 07:33:45
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Only using win32 api (at least in the present time). For example so:
HANDLE h = CreateFileW(L"\\\\.\\mount_name\\dir0\\dir1\\file.ext", ....);
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2693 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!