EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

throw ECBFSError(xxxx) problem

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 08/04/2008 05:58:05
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Søren Kristensen wrote:
In a previous post you wrote that it was possible to throw exceptions from:

It's _NOT_ possible to throw exceptions from these function. More strictly thrown exceptions from these functions are ignored. It's supposed that these callbacks are always finish successfully.
The reason is in the file system drivers implementation in Windows and in CallbackFS implementation too.
Posted: 08/08/2008 08:17:54
by Søren Kristensen (Basic support level)

I am now going to use CanBeDeleted to check if a file/deractory can be deleted. I need to return a reservationId that I should use when the actual deletion is done.

In other call I use the FileHandleContext to save information that I need to pass from one call to another.

This is not possible here due to the fact that FileHandleContext is not part of the call!

How will I save and pass parameters from CbFsCanBeDeleted CbFsDeleteFile?

will it be possible to use set_HandleContext(PVOID Value) and get_HandleContext(void) om the CbFsFileInfo class?

If it is possible, do you have a samlpe on how to do it?

Posted: 08/08/2008 09:08:07
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Søren Kristensen wrote:
This is not possible here due to the fact that FileHandleContext is not part of the call!

How will I save and pass parameters from CbFsCanBeDeleted CbFsDeleteFile?

will it be possible to use set_HandleContext(PVOID Value) and get_HandleContext(void) om the CbFsFileInfo class?

Yes, you can get or set HandleContext through the CbFsFileInfo class. The prototype for this event is:

typedef void (*CbFsCanFileBeDeletedEvent)(CallbackFileSystem* Sender, CbFsFileInfo* FileInfo, LPBOOL CanBeDeleted);

so use input parameter FileInfo in order to obtain UserContext.
Posted: 08/11/2008 01:19:09
by Søren Kristensen (Basic support level)

On august the first you wrote that you expected to release a new build holding the ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION exception last week when som errors had been corrected. Have yuo come closer to when it will be released?

Posted: 08/11/2008 01:45:48
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hello,

I'm just working on your other bug http://www.eldos.com/forum/read.php?FID=13&TID=1222
The new build will be released as soon as I fix the bug.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 8971 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!