EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Deadlock in CbFsSetFileAttributes ?

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 07/03/2008 16:45:26
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Søren Kristensen wrote:
Could you give some identification of what kind of bug you are fixing - so I could get some picture of the problem we are having.

The problem is in interaction between "Windows NT Macintosh File Server" and the CallbackFS driver. The last deadlock occurred when a file in the directory "\data" was being created (perhaps using the Macintosh file share???).
I have corrected the driver again. Please try the attached driver and sorry for the inconveniences. Thank you for your help.

[ Download ]
Posted: 07/04/2008 03:25:17
by Søren Kristensen (Basic support level)

I also had a crash with the new driver. The dump can be downloaded from

http://mediaconnex.pine.dk/Files/Dump/eldos/MEMORY_PINE_04072008.zip

The good news is that it was more differcult to provoke the crash.

I do the following:

I run the solution on a windows 2003 server. On the server I create a windows share and a mac share with SFM on the virtual drive.

I then connect to the windows share from two XP machines and use the solution. So I do not use the mac share but I have to create it to provoke the crash.

If you create a new driver - could you give it a differet version number, so I don't mix them up.

Thanks.
Posted: 07/04/2008 13:34:18

The problem is in nonstandard behavior of the "Windows NT Macintosh File Server" system component. I'm working on it. Please wait...

Søren Kristensen wrote:
If you create a new driver - could you give it a differet version number, so I don't mix them up.

Sure.
Posted: 07/04/2008 14:34:48

It seems that the "Windows NT Macintosh File Server" component works with the NTFS file system storages in another way than with FATFS. And CallbackFS inherently has a lot in common with FATFS, so setting its name as FATFS should help.
Could you please set the file system name as "FAT32" (not "FATFS"!!!) and try to obtain a deadlock? If the deadlock occurs please send me the crash dump again (in order to be assured that it will be the same deadlock). I'm not assured entirely but perhaps it's the easiest way to workaround the deadlocks.
Thanks.
Posted: 07/04/2008 14:37:36

Please use the latest attached driver (that has been already used to obtain the deadlock).
Posted: 07/07/2008 02:41:20

I am not sure on what I shall try. But I have done the following

I changed the call to:

g_CbFs.SetFileSystemName(L"NTFS");

to

g_CbFs.SetFileSystemName(L"FAT32");

But then I cannot make a mac-share with SFM I get the error:

File Server for Macintosh service only supports NTFS partitions.
Choose a directory on an NTFS partition.

Is there something I have misunderstood ???
Posted: 07/07/2008 03:58:43

Søren Kristensen wrote:
File Server for Macintosh service only supports NTFS partitions. Choose a directory on an NTFS partition.

Hm, I've not noticed that. My Win2003 for some reason doesn't show this message (but sure, for FAT volumes mac shares aren't created).
So the only way is to use "NTFS" name and correct the CallbackFS drivers code to avoid this deadlock. I will do it soon. Please wait...
Posted: 07/09/2008 13:22:12

Hello,

Please try the attached driver (it has the version 0.0.0.1). And send me a crash dump if a deadlock occurs.

Thanks.

[ Download ]
Posted: 07/10/2008 07:10:11

I have tried driver version 0.0.0.1 and I have not seen any deadlocks!

I will continue using it, but my normal test and some random test have not provoke a deadlock.

I have also tried the problem with saving from MAC applications http://www.eldos.com/forum/read.php?FID=13&TID=1222 and that is still not posible with driver version 0.0.0.1.

Tomorrow we enter the holiday season so we will not answer so quickly as normal.
Posted: 07/10/2008 07:47:22

Good news :)

Søren Kristensen wrote:
I have also tried the problem with saving from MAC applications http://www.eldos.com/forum/read.php?FID=13&TID=1222 and that is still not posible with driver version 0.0.0.1.
I remember about it and will answer later.

Søren Kristensen wrote:
Tomorrow we enter the holiday season so we will not answer so quickly as normal.
Have a good rest!
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 10200 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!