EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Saving from applications on a Macintosh

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 08/21/2008 01:36:01
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

The information was obsolete. Currently it's ok.
Posted: 08/21/2008 04:26:15
by Søren Kristensen (Basic support level)

I downloaded the build but I am not able to compile the C++ Mapper sample. The definition in cbfs.h
typedef void (*CbFsOpenFileEvent)(
    CallbackFileSystem* Sender,
    LPCWSTR FileName,
    ACCESS_MASK DesiredAccess,
//    DWORD FileAttributes,
    DWORD ShareMode,
    PVOID* FileHandleContext

does not match the sample mounter.cpp:

void CbFsOpenFile(CallbackFileSystem*, LPCTSTR, ACCESS_MASK, DWORD, DWORD, PVOID*);
void CbFsOpenFile(CallbackFileSystem* Sender, LPCTSTR FileName,   ACCESS_MASK DesiredAccess, DWORD FileAttributes, DWORD ShareMode, PVOID* FileHandleContext)

I guess that the parameter FileAttributes should be removed from mounter.cpp and the header applies to the build!
Posted: 08/21/2008 04:57:58

Sorry. Just uncomment this attribute in the definition of CbFsOpenFileEvent.
Posted: 08/21/2008 06:11:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The attributes parameter is obsolete in CBFS 2.0 and must be removed from the samples. I will correct the samples and re-upload the build.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/22/2008 01:44:04

I have downloaded the latest build and I am still able to reproduce the problem!
Posted: 08/22/2008 02:08:59

Are you using the CallbackFS sample (modified by you) for testing? Could you give me the sources of it?
Posted: 08/25/2008 01:11:51

I am using the sample, the Mounter.cpp follows here

[ Download ]
Posted: 08/25/2008 01:20:00

Note that the last message I got was:

Could not save <filename> because write access was not granted
Posted: 08/26/2008 03:57:38

The problem is reproduced very seldom with the latest version of CallbackFS. There is not any data corruption, just something with the last write time attribute of an image file that is being processed by Photoshop via the appletalk protocol. Sometimes Photoshop "thinks" that this attribute contains wrong value and shows a notification message that the file was changed since the last savings.
But this attribute has the same value as the appletalk protocol set and the file info on the MacOS computer shows correct value too.
I've just checked it and during ~20 minutes of consecutive savings the message box was shown only one time. Also as I wrote before the same problem I've been able to reproduce with NTFS volume too. So there is big possibility that the problem can be caused by a bug in the appletalk protocol implementation for Windows.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 13100 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!