EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Uninstalling an old driver

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 05/22/2008 14:47:30
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

On one of my systems I had a Version 1 driver installed. I have since upgraded all my systems to Version 2. I no longer have the Version 1 program that I used to install and uninstall drivers with, all I have is a new version that uses the Version 2 Cbfs libraries. When I use that program to try and uninstall the Version 1 driver, it tells me that the driver has been uninstalled, but after I reboot and try to install the new driver, the message comes back that says the driver is installed, but with the old version number.

What am I doing wrong?
Posted: 05/22/2008 15:08:16
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

Never mind!, I figured out what I was doing wrong myself! In between changing versions, I also changed the GUID of my system, so the new uninstall wasn't really uninstalling the right program :-) Sorry, I am so dense sometimes.

Topic viewed 2149 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!