EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

"The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect "

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 05/22/2008 10:54:47
by gayathri  (Basic support level)

I get an errorwhile adding the mounting point
Please help
Posted: 05/22/2008 11:03:08
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

What we need from you:

When you ask for technical support, please try to describe the situation in details. "It does not work" is not something we can work with. To assist you in solving your problem we need to get the following information from you:

* information about our product that you are talking about. Please specify the name of the product, it's version, platform or edition or code package (depending on the product);
* information about your environment. This includes the name and version of the operating system, the name and version of the development tool that our product is used with. If our product is used in conjunction with some other software, please specify the name and version of that software too;
* steps to reproduce the problem. This can include small test project, screenshots (please don't send unpacked BMP and DOC files with images) test data files etc.

Please remember that the more informative is your report, the faster we will be able to help you perform your task.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/22/2008 11:34:18

hi

Sorry about not providing the required details and thanks for the response.

I am trying to work with CallBackFileSystem Version 1.2.25
I am trying it with C#.

The step at which AddMountingPoint() is being called I get the error

I am not sure about what has gone wrong.

Posted: 05/22/2008 11:37:37

There was some similar problem with the samples in 1.2 (I don't remember the exact details). Version 2.0 RC2 should solve the problem.

2.0 will be released next week (before the end of May), and RC2 is quite stable for evaluation.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/22/2008 11:40:13

So should I wait till end of May to try it out?
Is there any other alternative around.
Just to give a try?

:)
Posted: 05/22/2008 11:48:41

2.0 RC2 is available NOW.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/28/2008 20:47:00
by Joe Portman (Basic support level)

gayathri wrote:
I get an errorwhile adding the mounting point
Please help

I am evaluating CBFS. I have compiled and run the C# examples under the latest version. 2.0.2.29.

Hi. I have read the entire thread. I have the latest build. Using the sample applications, if I try to create a mount point UNC, such as "\\.\test" (which is described in the help file), it always throws this exception. If I use a drive letter type mount point, everything is fine.

Unfortunately, I need to create a "private" UNC path to be used by a particular program only.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
JP

Posted: 05/29/2008 01:45:27
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hello,

When such type of mounting point is created its name must be without the prefix "\\.\". But accessing to a volume using this mounting point must contain the prefix.
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5001 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!