EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Callback File System as console appication

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 07/08/2008 13:23:01
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

The BroadcastSystemMessage call won't work if the code is called from the system account (i.e. in context of a nt-service). You must call this function from an user session whose Explorer must be notified.

I think this is the key statement in your message. I looked at your service code and it is basically the same as mine. I don't think, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, that running your service allows you to see the S: drive in Windows explorer any better than I can. Somehow, the service has to notify the user session that is running the explorer window and do the broadcast there.
Posted: 07/08/2008 13:48:34
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Sid Schipper wrote:
Somehow, the service has to notify the user session that is running the explorer window and do the broadcast there.

Yes. But it's not necessary to broadcast the message manually. The helper dll VSMntNtf.dll exists for it.
Posted: 07/08/2008 14:02:36
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

Yes, that is correct. Sorry, but once I installed the helper dll everything started to work the way I wanted it too. I consider this thread closed at this point, thank you very much for all your help.

Statistics

Topic viewed 15462 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!