EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CallbackFS uint FileAttributes

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 04/15/2008 06:20:39
by Robin Astle (Basic support level)

When I receive the CreateFile event a uint FileAttributes parameter is passed to the function, what is included in this parameter?

I only see the call to:
if ((FileAttributes & (uint)CbFsFileAttributes.CBFS_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY) != 0)

CbFsFileAttributes only has the directory attribute? what about hidden, and other attributes?

The reason for my question is that I noticed when opening a word file from a mapped netword drive, word creates a temporary ~WRD000x.docx file. The creation of this file fails on a network drive I mapped (this time it's not a permission issue, as I can open/alter and change a file directly on the network drive.
Posted: 04/15/2008 06:55:47
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

The FileAttributes parameter can can include any combination of the file attributes: FILE_ATTRIBUTE_ARCHIVE, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_HIDDEN, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_READONLY, etc (see the win32 api CreateFile description in MSDN).
When some program tries to create/open a file/directory on a CallbackFS virtual storage (by means of CreateFile, ZwCreateFile, etc), it specifies some file attributes, and CallbackFS library passes these attributes to the OnCeate/OnOpen callback.
Posted: 04/15/2008 07:51:54
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please note that access mode and share mode are currently not passed. This will be added in CBFS 1.5, which is planned for release within a month.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 3153 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!