EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Questions on OpenFile

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 04/01/2008 04:09:29
by Søren Kristensen (Basic support level)

Hi

When I catch the CbFsOpenFile, is there a way to get information on which sharing mode the file is opened?

E.g how do I distinguish between if a file is opened with _SH_DENYNO or _SH_DENYWR?

/Soren
Posted: 04/01/2008 04:25:20
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hello,

Currently it's not possible.
But the sharing access is processed by the CallbackFS driver internally so you mustn't worry about this. Or is it necessary for you for another reason?
Posted: 04/01/2008 04:32:48
by Søren Kristensen (Basic support level)

Hi

I want to combine the CallbackFs with another system. This system have a reservation mechanism that may reserve the file for different purposes.

So I would like to tell that system that which way a file is opened from the CallbackFS!

/Soren
Posted: 04/01/2008 05:21:22
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

We will add the parameters ShareAccess and DesiredAccess to the FileCreate/FileOpen callbacks in the version 1.5 of the product. I think it will be released in several weeks. Currently the only way is to open files for full access.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3198 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!