EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

clean up and potential intermitent heap corruption issue

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 03/20/2008 17:51:11
by Vijay Mani (Standard support level)

Hi all,
We're using CBFS Version 1.2.20, CPP libraries.
I read a couple of older threads on cleanup and I have a related question.
When there is a crash in our FS dll, the storage that was created for the FS gets deleted, however the mounting points aren't removed. So in explorer these 'removable disks' a left behind.
Even after the process is restarted, I can't delete (since the storage is already gone, i don't unmountmedia or deleteMountingPoint) or reuse the older mounting points. Is there a way around it? (I can however, createStorage again, and mount to a different point).

Also, fairly intermittently, we see a heap corruption bug (I don't have a call stack since I'm not able to consistently repro it) but I saw another thread ("Three questions about C++ API , 3 minor problems found using C++ API") which referred to a similar issue and so I want to make sure it's not the same issue rearing up again. It too seems to happen when an exception is thrown, but this time from the api side, in particular from AddMountingPoint.(Currently we have a loop that trys to addmounting points until it finds one that it can successfully add).
Posted: 03/21/2008 01:51:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to helpdesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 3002 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!